Black Farmers Market – Fresh Roots
85 85 people viewed this event.
The Market is primarily a farmer and grower market that meets the community’s needs. The Market operates for the public benefit. It serves as a public venue in a food desert as an outlet for farmers, food processors, and small business owners to sell their wares directly to the public.
The Market operates exclusively for educational or charitable purposes, including
- relief of the poor, the distressed, or the underprivileged
- advancement of education or science
- lessening the burdens of government
- lessening neighborhood tensions
- eliminating prejudice and discrimination
- defending human and civil rights secured by law
- combating community deterioration and juvenile delinquency