To become a member of the Black Clergy Collaborative of Memphis (BCCM), individuals should first visit the organization’s website and learn about their mission and values. If they align with these values, potential members are encouraged to reach out to current members to ask questions and attend a virtual meeting. To obtain the Zoom link, interested individuals can email firstname.lastname@example.org. After attending a meeting, potential members can submit an online application, which will be reviewed within seven business days. Once accepted, new members will be contacted to answer any remaining questions and discuss their interests in joining a committee.
Become A Member
Black Clergy Collective (BBCM) is committed to
- promote dialogue among Black people and their allies to foster multicultural understanding and community building
- develop programs that empower the Black community;
- strengthen and encourage pastors and ministers in supporting their congregants;
- empower pastors and ministers through education and training;
- facilitate joint advocacy efforts with a group of committed colleagues;
- provide updates on local, state, and national legislation, funding, and policies; and
- provide occasions to learn from and network with colleagues.
The Black Clergy Collaborative of Memphis (BCCM) proposes annual membership fees for different categories of clergy.
Individual Proposed Fee: Clergy – Not Pastoring
Clergy who are not pastoring a congregation shall submit an annual fee of $250, due by December 1 each year. If they join before June 1, they shall pay $250, but if they join after June 1, they shall pay $200.
Clergy – Students
Students who are clergy are encouraged to seek sponsorship for the $250 fee.
Pastor/Church Proposed Fee Schedule
Clergy who are pastoring a congregation will have a different fee schedule based on when they join, with payments of no less than $100 plus a 10% processing fee, which can be submitted monthly.
Member dues are based on the prior year’s annual expenses. If your church has operated for less than a year, your dues will be $500.00.
The Black Clergy Collaborative of Memphis (BCCM) comprises members who work together to address systemic issues affecting Black communities in the United States. To become a member of the Black Clergy Collaborative, please fill out the form below. A member of our team will contact you within seven business days to discuss your committee interests and answer any questions you may have.